Saturday, January 14, 2023

clean glock

Clean Glock - In the previous installments of the Cleaning Arms article series, I discussed how to clean firearms as it pertains to AR-15 firearms. Cleaning a semi-automatic handgun is very similar to cleaning a rifle, except it takes less time because of the smaller gun.

So, my personal cleaning procedure for general gun cleaning is similar to that of a rifle like an AR-15, except scaled down. In discussing gun cleaning, I will use the Glock 17 (Gen 3) as an example firearm. Glock pistols are very common, so this is a good gun to use for a demonstration. Also, cleaning other semi-automatic handguns will be done the same way.

Clean Glock

Clean Glock

I take the Glock apart into its subassemblies, just like I do with the AR-15 for cleaning. But the three component groups of a Glock pistol are:

Cleaning Guide: Glock

I start by spraying the slide and barrel with MPro-7 gun cleaner. I want the MPro-7 to soak into the hole to release the dried digestate for easier cleaning. While this is happening, I start with the slide first.

Cleaning the slide is quite simple. I will use a nylon brush to pick up and shake off any dried turbidity on the slide. I then use a shop towel with MPro-7 to wipe the inside and outside surfaces of the slide.

That's about it for the slide. Do not peel off the inside of the slide for cleaning after the range. Unless the gun gets wet (eg submerged in water, rained on), I will not strip the inside of the slide for cleaning.

After cleaning the slide, I will proceed to cleaning the barrel. I will dry the hole several times to loosen the digestate in the drill floors.

Cleaning My Glock G19 Pistol After Shooting At The Range 702

After brushing the hole, I will then go through the barrel several times with wet patches (MPro-7) and dry with a piercing jig style, until there is minimal streaking to no bend on the patches.

After cleaning the bore, I will clean any contamination on the outside of the barrel, including the hood areas, the recoil spring lug area, and the chamber area with a nylon brush and a shop towel.

After that, I will spray the chamber and clean with brake cleaner to get any residual contaminants and gun cleaner.

Clean Glock

The last step consists of cleaning the frame. I usually don't have to do much in this area. What I like to do is clean the slide rails on the frame with a nylon brush and shop towel with the MPro-7. I will also clean all visible surfaces of the trigger group (trigger bar, escapement, housing, etc.). I will thoroughly wipe the frame surfaces as well as the interior of the magazine with a wet shop towel in the MPro-7.

How To Clean The Glock 43x On Vimeo

After everything is cleaned, I proceed to oil the Glock with Slip2000 EWL. I will put an oily patch through the hole to give a light surface layer to prevent rust. I will wipe the bucket with a shop towel and Slip2000 EWL. I will also apply a layer of oil on the inner and outer surfaces of the slide, and put additional oil on the grooves of the slide rails.

I then reassemble the gun and put oil on the barrel cap area, and spin the slide a few times, then wipe the gun with a shop towel to remove the excess oil.

These are my procedures for cleaning a Glock pistol. Although this is intended to be an article discussing how to clean a gun, and not the only way to clean it, I think the procedures I have described are quite similar to how most gun owners clean their guns. The Glock 19 is one of the most popular handguns in America, and for good reason. Reliable, accurate and easy to maintain, this is the defense gun of choice for everyone from soccer moms to special operators. However, it needs to be cleaned and oiled on a regular basis. We will show you how to clean your Glock 19 in the following video and transcript.

Kevin: I'm here with Jeff Street. Jeff is the owner and lead instructor at Step by Step Gun Training, and is also a certified Glock gunsmith, and a bit of a Glock enthusiast. So, Jeff my first question to you is, how often should people clean a Glock 19? We hear different opinions on this topic. how do you see it

Buy Real Avid Pro Pack For Glock: Gun Cleaning And Maintenance Set For Glock Owners

Jeff: If you are new to the Glock platform, you really need to clean it every time you use it. This will help you get to know how everything should look and feel when it's right. That way if something goes wrong down the road, you can fix it, probably before you have a real problem down the range.

Kevin: You'll know right away that the spring doesn't have to be in two parts. You shouldn't see a piece of metal that has a clean break on it. That kind of thing would be really obvious.

Kevin: Now, if you're new to a gun, that's how often you should clean it. What if you are a more experienced shooter? If you have taken several classes, how often should you clean it?

Clean Glock

Jeff: Well, you didn't just take a few classes, you had it for years. Well, then I have friends who still clean their Glocks from time to time. It doesn't hurt to keep it clean. It's something you rely on, so why not clean it up a little at a time?

Tekmat Tekr17glock4243 Original Cleaning Mat Glock 42/43 Parts Diagram 11\

Kevin: Okay Jeff. So after a person is done shooting, and wants to go home and clean their Glock 19, what are the procedures they should do to unload it? We have one here that is being disassembled. We both checked. It even has a little barrel block, so we definitely know it's unloaded. So, walk us through it.

Jeff: First things first, make sure there is no live ammunition in the room, except for what might be in here (your gun). You open the bag and give it a look before touching the gun to make sure the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction. So you're going to remove the magazine, if there's a magazine in there, then push the magazine release, pull the magazine out, make sure it's empty.

Jeff: Now, when I touch a weapon, I do it in my bathroom and I have a toilet in my bathroom. I have a bathroom even if I'm in a hotel room. I pull the gun out without ever touching the trigger, and I aim it at the toilet so that if it goes off, the bullet will go into the water, slow down a little there, hit the porcelain. , and stop there. You're breaking the toilet, which I don't want to do at all. I have to turn off the water so I don't flood the house, and I have to call my plumber, so I'm very motivated not to do it. Then I lowered the slide three times, and of course put my finger in the magazine to make sure there was no magazine in there, which I just pulled out. I arrange it three times. That way, if I did it wrong and I jam it once, I might see one round come out, but if I see another round, I probably haven't fired the magazine yet.

So after I give it three times, I'll lock the slide open. If you are someone who has very short thumbs, you may need to turn your body, but still keep your chin in the direction of the toilet seat. So you lock the slide open and then you check again. There is no magazine, and you put your finger in the chamber to make sure there are no bullets in there, and you look down the magwell to see daylight. You check both visually and tactilely to make sure the weapon is fully unloaded. Now, I'm still pointing at the toilet. With a Glock, you have to pull the trigger to remove it. Any gun I don't remove with a round in the chamber regardless. I'm going to let the slide go forward, and pointing at the toilet again, I'm going to pull the trigger. Next, I want to release the tension on the spring and slowly pull the slide back. It's slowly and you'll feel a little click when you do it. After that, it has a release handle here. This is the slide release, and you have to pull it from both sides at the exact same time. Then, let the slide move forward. It comes right away. Now I have a frame and I have the slide. In the slide I will remove the recoil spring and the barrel. We basically have four main parts now that we're going to clean up.

Tekmat Tekr17glock Original Cleaning Mat Glock Parts Diagram 11\

Jeff: Now we have the gun disassembled into its four parts

Mig 21 fighter jet, mig 35 fighter jet, mig 29 fighter jet, mig 15 jet fighter, mig 31 fighter jet, new mig fighter jet, mig 25 fighter, mig 39 fighter jet, mig jet fighter for sale, f 25 fighter jet, mig 25 jet, latest mig fighter jet